SP threatens to knock EC door against Jaiswal
Etawah: Samajwadi Party on Thursday threatened to lodge a complaint against Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal for reportedly daring the authorities to file an FIR against
him during Rahul Gandhi`s roadshow in Kanpur.
"We are trying to contact the Election Commission to lodge
a complaint in this regard," SP national general secretary Ram
Gopal Yadav said here.
Yadav claimed that Jaiswal`s statement was in violation of
the Model Code and demanded that the poll body must take
Jaiswal, who is a Lok Sabha member from Kanpur, had dared
the authorities to file an FIR against him as he had invited
Rahul for a roadshow in his constituency on February 20.
Rahul was booked by UP authorities which said his road
show here had breached the time limit and road-map set by
Congress has, however, maintained Rahul has not committed
any illegality and "appropriate legal proceedings" will be
taken in this regard.
Yadav accused Congress leaders of issuing baseless
statements and said, "It is unfortunate that the government
has such ministers who make mockery of democracy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan