SP threatens to knock EC door against Jaiswal
Etawah: Samajwadi Party on Thursday threatened to lodge a complaint against Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal for reportedly daring the authorities to file an FIR against
him during Rahul Gandhi`s roadshow in Kanpur.
"We are trying to contact the Election Commission to lodge
a complaint in this regard," SP national general secretary Ram
Gopal Yadav said here.
Yadav claimed that Jaiswal`s statement was in violation of
the Model Code and demanded that the poll body must take
Jaiswal, who is a Lok Sabha member from Kanpur, had dared
the authorities to file an FIR against him as he had invited
Rahul for a roadshow in his constituency on February 20.
Rahul was booked by UP authorities which said his road
show here had breached the time limit and road-map set by
Congress has, however, maintained Rahul has not committed
any illegality and "appropriate legal proceedings" will be
taken in this regard.
Yadav accused Congress leaders of issuing baseless
statements and said, "It is unfortunate that the government
has such ministers who make mockery of democracy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family