SP winning in UP a cause of worry: Uma Bharti
New Delhi: The Samajwadi Party (SP) getting the maximum seats in the Uttar Pradesh is a cause of worry and if it forms the government, crime will rise in the state, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said on Tuesday.
"As of now, the picture is not very clear. But it is clear that the SP is rising as the number one party in the state. It is a cause of worry as crime will increase in the state and I am worried about safety of people," Uma Bharti, the party state poll campaign chief, told a TV channel.
The state is headed for a hung verdict with the Bahujan Samaj Party set to be voted out and the Samajwadi Party finishing on top, but without the half-way numbers needed to control the 403-member assembly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know