Spain seal Davis Cup final victory over Czech Republic
Madrid: Spain won the Davis Cup for the fourth time when Feliciano Lopez and Fernando Verdasco combined to beat Czech Republic`s Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek in Saturday`s doubles, giving the hosts an unassailable 3-0 lead.
Verdasco and Lopez won 7-6, 7-5, 6-2 to add to Friday`s singles wins for Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer.
Spain, who won the competition for the third time in Argentina last year, become the first nation to successfully defend the Davis Cup since Sweden in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir