Spain seal Davis Cup final victory over Czech Republic
Madrid: Spain won the Davis Cup for the fourth time when Feliciano Lopez and Fernando Verdasco combined to beat Czech Republic`s Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek in Saturday`s doubles, giving the hosts an unassailable 3-0 lead.
Verdasco and Lopez won 7-6, 7-5, 6-2 to add to Friday`s singles wins for Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer.
Spain, who won the competition for the third time in Argentina last year, become the first nation to successfully defend the Davis Cup since Sweden in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez