Spanish bomber rains down on Tiger`s group
Chaska: The Hazeltine National Golf Club is playing as the longest course in majors history, which
suits Spanish bomber Alvaro Quiros just fine.
Quiros surged to near the top of the leaderboard by
shooting a three-under par 69 yesterday at the PGA
Championship but it was a booming blast on the 606-yard,
par-five 11th that had everyone talking.
It might have gone unnoticed most days but it just so
happened that Quiros broke one of golf`s etiquettes by hitting
into the group in front of him that included world number one
"I mean, that`s just stupid long, isn`t it?" said Woods.
"To hit it that far into the wind is phenomenal. It`s just
"I used to be able to move the ball. Not anymore. I just
plod my way around, shoot 67."
Woods, who was preparing to putt with defending champ
Padraig Harrington and Rich Beem, said no offense was taken.
He was more impressed than anything at Quiros smashing his way
to the green in just two shots.
"It didn`t come close to anybody," he said. "But it just
rolled up on the front edge. And you have to understand. You
know how big a hit that is? What is this hole playing 606 into
the wind. Tee shot`s uphill. Yeah."
The long-hitting Quiros averages a European Tour-best
315.6 yards off the tee and used a driver on his stunning
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark