Spark Mobiles to enter India in Dec
New Delhi: UAE-based handset maker Spark
Mobiles today said it will foray into the Indian market by
December this year and has earmarked about Rs 100 crore for
The company, which is planning to launch around five
models in December, said it is in the process of appointing
distributors across the country.
"Our new range of mobile handsets will be launched in
India in December this year. We will be investing around Rs
100 crore in the next two years on marketing campaigns," Spark
Group of Companies Chairperson Elaine Roach told reporters
She said the company will launch the products initially
in the northern region and subsequently introduce it in the
rest of the country.
"We are in the process of appointing distributors all
over the country. We will be kicking off from Delhi and the
northern states and later on spread it to other parts of the
country," she said.
The handset maker is also looking at setting up an
assembly plant for which it is currently scouting for a
"Within the next six months we will be able to chart out
our plan and the kind of investment we will be putting for
setting up an assembly plant in India. It could be in Chennai
or near the capital," Roach said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply