Spark Mobiles to enter India in Dec
New Delhi: UAE-based handset maker Spark
Mobiles today said it will foray into the Indian market by
December this year and has earmarked about Rs 100 crore for
The company, which is planning to launch around five
models in December, said it is in the process of appointing
distributors across the country.
"Our new range of mobile handsets will be launched in
India in December this year. We will be investing around Rs
100 crore in the next two years on marketing campaigns," Spark
Group of Companies Chairperson Elaine Roach told reporters
She said the company will launch the products initially
in the northern region and subsequently introduce it in the
rest of the country.
"We are in the process of appointing distributors all
over the country. We will be kicking off from Delhi and the
northern states and later on spread it to other parts of the
country," she said.
The handset maker is also looking at setting up an
assembly plant for which it is currently scouting for a
"Within the next six months we will be able to chart out
our plan and the kind of investment we will be putting for
setting up an assembly plant in India. It could be in Chennai
or near the capital," Roach said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people