Special measures at Mumbai airport for Obama visit
Mumbai: Movement of aircraft is unlikely to be
allowed at the Mumbai airport 6 minutes before and after the
flight carrying US President Barack Obama lands.
"Normally during a VVIP visit, no flight movement is
allowed 3 minutes prior to landing and 3 minutes post
landing. But during Obama`s visit, this period may be extended
to 6 minutes before and 6 minutes after the aircraft
lands," airport sources said.
They said that as per the plan so far, no clearances would
be granted to any flight either to land or take-off during
Even taxiing of aircraft will not be allowed till the US
President`s plane has been fully evacuated, they said.
2 US Airforce Jumbos and4 helicopters, which have
surveillance and bombing capabilities, have already landed at
the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport ahead of the
However, the sources said civil aviation authorities here
were yet to receive a formal communication about the American
President`s flight schedule.
"So far we have not received any formal communication
about Obama`s flight schedule. We hope to receive it by
tomorrow," the sources said.
In the case of such a high level visit, the air traffic
control and other related agencies are informed of the flight
schedule at least 24 to 48 hours in advance, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials