Speech-impaired woman gangraped in MP
Jabalpur: A 35-year-old speech-impaired woman was allegedly gangraped in her house by three members of her community at Lodi Lohari village near here, police said on Friday.
The trio have been arrested and booked under relevant IPC
sections yesterday, Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural
Area) T K Vidyarthi told reporters.
On Wednesday, accused Balram Chouhan, Neelkant Chouhan
and Guddu entered the victim`s house and after tying her hands
and sending three children, including two of hers in another
room, allegedly raped her taking turns, he said.
The victim`s husband had gone to Damoh district when the
incident occurred, the ASP said.
The woman along with her nephew approached the police who
in turn sought the help of a deaf and dumb school teachers at
Lordganj locality to understand her problem before registering
the case and nabbing the culprits, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan