Spl CBI court awards RI to 21 fodder convicts
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Wednesday
sentenced 21 fodder scam convicts, including two former
directors, to rigorous imprisonment upto seven years.
Former regional directors of the Animal Husbandry
Department Junul Bhengraj and K N Jha were sentenced to six
and five years of rigorous imprisonment and imposed a fine of
Rs ten lakh and Rs five lakh respectively.
The court of A H Ansari also awarded prison terms
between three and seven years to 19 others, who include
government officials and suppliers.
A fine amount between Rs 5 lakh and Rs 25 lakh was
also slapped against them.
With today`s sentence, the court has concluded
pronouncing quantum of sentence to 32 of the 42 fodder
Tomorrow the court would deliver the quantum of
punishment against rest of the ten convicts in the RC56A/96
fodder case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 13.69
crore from Gumla Treasury through submission of fake in-voices
in the early 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch