Spl CBI court awards RI to 21 fodder convicts
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Wednesday
sentenced 21 fodder scam convicts, including two former
directors, to rigorous imprisonment upto seven years.
Former regional directors of the Animal Husbandry
Department Junul Bhengraj and K N Jha were sentenced to six
and five years of rigorous imprisonment and imposed a fine of
Rs ten lakh and Rs five lakh respectively.
The court of A H Ansari also awarded prison terms
between three and seven years to 19 others, who include
government officials and suppliers.
A fine amount between Rs 5 lakh and Rs 25 lakh was
also slapped against them.
With today`s sentence, the court has concluded
pronouncing quantum of sentence to 32 of the 42 fodder
Tomorrow the court would deliver the quantum of
punishment against rest of the ten convicts in the RC56A/96
fodder case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 13.69
crore from Gumla Treasury through submission of fake in-voices
in the early 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic