Spl CBI court awards RI to 21 fodder convicts
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Wednesday
sentenced 21 fodder scam convicts, including two former
directors, to rigorous imprisonment upto seven years.
Former regional directors of the Animal Husbandry
Department Junul Bhengraj and K N Jha were sentenced to six
and five years of rigorous imprisonment and imposed a fine of
Rs ten lakh and Rs five lakh respectively.
The court of A H Ansari also awarded prison terms
between three and seven years to 19 others, who include
government officials and suppliers.
A fine amount between Rs 5 lakh and Rs 25 lakh was
also slapped against them.
With today`s sentence, the court has concluded
pronouncing quantum of sentence to 32 of the 42 fodder
Tomorrow the court would deliver the quantum of
punishment against rest of the ten convicts in the RC56A/96
fodder case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 13.69
crore from Gumla Treasury through submission of fake in-voices
in the early 1990s.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know