Sports Ministry nod for athletes out-of-pocket allowance
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry said that athletes representing India in major tournaments abroad would get USD 25 per day as out of pocket allowance.
"Keeping in view the long standing demand of the sportspersons, the Ministry has issued orders yesterday with a direction to all National Sports Federations for implementation with an immediate effect," the Ministry said in a statement.
The allowance would be extended to "players and other members of the Indian contingent who are deputed as part of the official contingent at Government cost for the participation in major international sports events abroad", the Ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic