Sports Ministry nod for athletes out-of-pocket allowance
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry said that athletes representing India in major tournaments abroad would get USD 25 per day as out of pocket allowance.
"Keeping in view the long standing demand of the sportspersons, the Ministry has issued orders yesterday with a direction to all National Sports Federations for implementation with an immediate effect," the Ministry said in a statement.
The allowance would be extended to "players and other members of the Indian contingent who are deputed as part of the official contingent at Government cost for the participation in major international sports events abroad", the Ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed