Sports Ministry nod for athletes out-of-pocket allowance
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry said that athletes representing India in major tournaments abroad would get USD 25 per day as out of pocket allowance.
"Keeping in view the long standing demand of the sportspersons, the Ministry has issued orders yesterday with a direction to all National Sports Federations for implementation with an immediate effect," the Ministry said in a statement.
The allowance would be extended to "players and other members of the Indian contingent who are deputed as part of the official contingent at Government cost for the participation in major international sports events abroad", the Ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan