Sports Ministry nod for athletes out-of-pocket allowance
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry said that athletes representing India in major tournaments abroad would get USD 25 per day as out of pocket allowance.
"Keeping in view the long standing demand of the sportspersons, the Ministry has issued orders yesterday with a direction to all National Sports Federations for implementation with an immediate effect," the Ministry said in a statement.
The allowance would be extended to "players and other members of the Indian contingent who are deputed as part of the official contingent at Government cost for the participation in major international sports events abroad", the Ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head