SP`s no show in NCR
Noida: The Samajwadi Party may have stormed to power in Uttar Pradesh but it failed to make an impression in three constituencies falling in the National Capital Region where it fared badly.
The ruling BSP, which fared badly in the assembly polls, relegated SP to a distant fourth position in total number of votes in the three constituencies adjoining Delhi.
A quick look at the votes polled in Sahibabad, Noida and Ghaziabad shows that the Mayawati-led BSP garnered 6,85,258 votes in these constituencies, much ahead of BJP which polled a total of 2,22,667 votes in these seats.
BSP won Ghaziabad and Sahibabad constituencies while BJP romped home in Noida. SP could not even cross the one lakh mark and fell behind Congress. SP polled just 95,492 votes in these three seats while Congress got 1,13,836.
Congress was in third position in Sahibabad and Ghaziabad while SP surged ahead of the former in Noida in the third position.
Amarpal Sharma of BSP gathered 1,24,332 votes to win the Sahibabad seat, defeating BJP`s Sunil Kumar Sharma who got 99,984 votes. Amarpal was the only candidate to cross one lakh vote in the three seats and his victory margin was 24,348.
Congress` Satish Chandra Tyagi got 51,195 votes and SP`s Prahlad Sharma got 36,266 votes.
In Ghaziabad, Suresh Bansal of BSP won the seat with 64,485 votes while his nearest rival Atul Garg (BJP) got 52,364 votes. Congress` Surender Prakash Goel got 37,159 votes while SP`s Pawan Sharma garnered 17,155 votes.
BJP`s Mahesh Kumar Sharma (77,319 votes) won the Noida seat defeating his nearest BSP rival Omdutt Sharma (49,643 votes). SP`s Sunil Choudhary got 42,071 votes while Congress` Dr V S Chauhan gathered as many as 25,482 votes. Sharma has the highest victory margin of 30,676 votes and Bansal 12,121 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars