Sree `doing well`; to be discharged t`morrow
Mohali: S Sreesanth was admitted in a city hospital and has been tested positive for swine flu.
Talking to reporters, Director of Fortis, Mohali, Dr A R Banerjee said that the Kerala cricketer, who has been ruled out of Saturday’s Twenty20 International against Sri Lanka, is doing better now and will be dicharged from the hospital tomorrow.
“Sreesanth was brought here last night with cough, sore throat and fever. Various tests have been done and he is doing fine,” Banerjee said.
He said samples have been taken for swine flu tests as well and the results are awaited.
With the mercury going down, Chandigarh in the past 10 days has seen a sharp increase in number of swine flu cases and has already registered 10 deaths.
India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni earlier said Sreesanth would miss Saturday’s match because of “viral infection”.
“Sreesanth has not recovered from viral infection,” Dhoni told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends