Sree `doing well`; to be discharged t`morrow
Mohali: S Sreesanth was admitted in a city hospital and has been tested positive for swine flu.
Talking to reporters, Director of Fortis, Mohali, Dr A R Banerjee said that the Kerala cricketer, who has been ruled out of Saturday’s Twenty20 International against Sri Lanka, is doing better now and will be dicharged from the hospital tomorrow.
“Sreesanth was brought here last night with cough, sore throat and fever. Various tests have been done and he is doing fine,” Banerjee said.
He said samples have been taken for swine flu tests as well and the results are awaited.
With the mercury going down, Chandigarh in the past 10 days has seen a sharp increase in number of swine flu cases and has already registered 10 deaths.
India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni earlier said Sreesanth would miss Saturday’s match because of “viral infection”.
“Sreesanth has not recovered from viral infection,” Dhoni told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon