Sri Lanka may replace India for Sahara cup in Toronto
Sri Lanka may play Pakistan in the Sahara cup cricket tournament in Toronto next month, replacing India, which withdrew from the series recently, cricket officials said on Thursday.
“We do have free time, but let me put it on record that there has been no formal invitation yet,” Chandrishan Perera said.
India stepped out of the September 9-16 series of one-day matches, saying it would not play against Pakistan because of recent killings in Kashmir, which New Delhi blamed on
Pakistan-based militant groups.
The Indian government's decision also cast a shadow over the Indian cricket team's scheduled tour to Pakistan in November to play a test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony