Sri Lanka may replace India for Sahara cup in Toronto
Sri Lanka may play Pakistan in the Sahara cup cricket tournament in Toronto next month, replacing India, which withdrew from the series recently, cricket officials said on Thursday.
“We do have free time, but let me put it on record that there has been no formal invitation yet,” Chandrishan Perera said.
India stepped out of the September 9-16 series of one-day matches, saying it would not play against Pakistan because of recent killings in Kashmir, which New Delhi blamed on
Pakistan-based militant groups.
The Indian government's decision also cast a shadow over the Indian cricket team's scheduled tour to Pakistan in November to play a test series.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!