Sri Sri conferred award by German organisation
Bangalore: Spiritual leader and Art of
Living Founder, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, was on Sunday conferred the
2009 Culture in Balance Award, in recognition of his
outstanding contribution to all facets of culture, and for his
commitment to global cultural balance.
The award, instituted by the Forum Tiberius, a German
organisation dedicated to revitalising the dialogue on the
interaction between culture and economics, was presented to
Sri Sri by Mayor of Dresden Helma Orosz at a ceremony in a
special session of the World Culture Forum in Dresden, a
release from the city-based Art of Living said here on Sunday.
Several eminent persons paid glowing tributes to Sri Sri
for his contribution at the World Culture Forum, a biannual
conference series which examines the need for a proper balance
between different facets of culture, it said.
Speaking on the occasion Nirj Deva, British Member of
European Parliament, commended Sri Sri`s initiatives in
Europe, and spoke of the breadth, depth and multidimensional
approach of the Art of Living Foundation.
"He is friend to millions - presidents and peasants," he
said. His contribution to bringing people out of distress is
greatly appreciated, he added.
Sri Sri said, "I share this award with all those people
who stand for a violence-free and stress-free society. This
award is not for a person or personality, but for a principle
that stands for the ideal of a `one world family` and cultural
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city