State govts asked to fill up vacancies in ESI hospitals
New Delhi, July 27: With over 70 posts of
specialised doctors lying vacant in various ESI hospitals in
the country, the government today said states have been asked
to undertake staff redeployment to ensure all the vacancies
are filled up.
"ESI corporation has taken up the issue of filling up
of vacancies in a time bound manner and chief ministers have
been asked to undertake reorganisation of hospitals and
redeployment of staff as per actual requirement," Minister of
State for Labour Harish Rawat informed the Lok Sabha.
ESI schemes are administered by the state governments.
The minister said that ESI corporation had already
decided to reimburse the administrative expenditure incurred
by the state governments in payment of salary to staff from
April this year which would also enable the states to fill up
He said that as many as 72 posts of specialised
doctors including women doctors were lying vacant in various
states. Besides, 380 posts of para-medical staff are to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets