SteelMin seeks time-bound progress report on SAIL expansion
New Delhi: Concerned over delay in completion
of SAIL`s Rs 70,000-crore expansion project, Steel Minister
Virbhadra Singh on Monday asked the PSU to submit a time-bound
report for execution of the mega programme.
According to sources, Singh today held a meeting of the
top brass of the country`s largest steel maker and reviewed
the current status of the expansion project.
"The Steel Minister has asked SAIL to prepare and submit
a time-bound report on the project," they added.
SAIL Chairman S K Roongta did not respond to repeated
The global recession and the resultant demand slump have
delayed SAIL`s ambitious expansion plan to December 2012 from
earlier plans of 2011-12 fiscal. During the the last fiscal,
the company had even aimed to complete the project by 2010-11.
SAIL has now set the target of completing the mega
project--aimed at augmenting its annual production capacity to
23.46 million tonne (MT) from the present 14.6 MT per annum--
The minister had recently informed Rajya Sabha that
"expansion plan of SAIL envisages increasing hot metal
production from 14.6 million tonne per annum to 23.46 MT in
Phase-I, will be completed by 2012-13."
Due to the lingering recession, the PSU was in July
forced to revise downward its planned production capacity from
26.18 MT to the current target of 23.46 MT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'