Sterlite Industries Q1 net profit dips 42% at Rs 673 cr
Mumbai: Vedanta group firm Sterlite Industries on Wednesday reported a net profit of Rs 672.66 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2009, down 41.56 per cent over the corresponding period a year ago.
Total income declined to Rs 4,957.19 crore during the
April-June quarter, from Rs 6,172.55 crore in the
corresponding period a year-ago, Sterlite Industries said in a
filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
On a standalone basis, Sterlite Industries posted a net
profit of Rs 112.70 crore during the June quarter, down 69 per
cent over the same period last fiscal.
Total income declined to Rs 2,550.72 crore during the
quarter under review, from Rs 3,142.60 crore in the same
period previous fiscal.
Earlier this month the company had raised USD 1.5 billion
(about Rs 8,050 crore) through issue of securities in the
US market at USD 12.15 per share. The company said it has so
far utilised Rs 6,031 crore of the said issue proceeds.
Shares of Sterlite closed at Rs 621.15, down 5.53 per
cent on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what