`Steve Jobs vowed to destroy stolen Android`
London: Apple’s visionary co-founder Steve Jobs vowed to “destroy” Google`s Android operating system, viewing it as “grand theft”, his official biographer has claimed.
Jobs was enraged by Google’s software because he believed it was based on stolen iPhone technology, the Telegraph reports.
“I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple`s 40 billion dollars in the bank, to right this wrong,” he told Walter Isaacson, the author of his official biography.
“I`m going to destroy Android, because it`s a stolen product. I`m willing to go thermonuclear war on this,” he added.
According to Isaacson, Jobs was particularly enraged by an Android phone released by HTC in January 2010, the Google-branded Nexus One.
It turned Google into a smartphone brand in its own right and included many iPhone-like features such as a multi-touch screen, prompting an “expletive-laced rant” from the Apple co-founder.
Referring to Apple’s patent infringement claims against the HTC handset, Jobs reportedly refused to take money from Google CEO Eric Schmidt, and asked him to ‘stop using Apple’s ideas.’
“I don`t want your money. If you offer me 5 billion dollars, I won`t want it. I`ve got plenty of money. I want you to stop using our ideas in Android, that``s all I want,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued