STF to trace ADM assault accused SP MLA
Varanasi: Uttar Pradesh police has decided
to rope in sleuths of the Special Task Force to nab the
absconding Samajwadi Party MLA, Abdul Samad Ansari and his
other associates who have been absconding since Monday after
the alleged assault on ADM Protocol, RK Singh.
DIG-Varanasi PC Meena told PTI that the STF had been
engaged to ensure early arrest of the MLA and his accomplices,
who were at large after assaulting ADM (protocol) RK Singh.
The police have initiated this move as pressure is
increasing on them because the delay in the arrest of MLA is
stretching the stir of district officials due to which the
functioning of government offices have been paralyzed.
Meena said police were trying their best to nab the
accused persons and added, "A team of district police is also
camping in Lucknow to get clue about them."
On the other hand, the district administration is tight
lipped after it failed to take any action against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez