STF to trace ADM assault accused SP MLA
Varanasi: Uttar Pradesh police has decided
to rope in sleuths of the Special Task Force to nab the
absconding Samajwadi Party MLA, Abdul Samad Ansari and his
other associates who have been absconding since Monday after
the alleged assault on ADM Protocol, RK Singh.
DIG-Varanasi PC Meena told PTI that the STF had been
engaged to ensure early arrest of the MLA and his accomplices,
who were at large after assaulting ADM (protocol) RK Singh.
The police have initiated this move as pressure is
increasing on them because the delay in the arrest of MLA is
stretching the stir of district officials due to which the
functioning of government offices have been paralyzed.
Meena said police were trying their best to nab the
accused persons and added, "A team of district police is also
camping in Lucknow to get clue about them."
On the other hand, the district administration is tight
lipped after it failed to take any action against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?