STF to trace ADM assault accused SP MLA
Varanasi: Uttar Pradesh police has decided
to rope in sleuths of the Special Task Force to nab the
absconding Samajwadi Party MLA, Abdul Samad Ansari and his
other associates who have been absconding since Monday after
the alleged assault on ADM Protocol, RK Singh.
DIG-Varanasi PC Meena told PTI that the STF had been
engaged to ensure early arrest of the MLA and his accomplices,
who were at large after assaulting ADM (protocol) RK Singh.
The police have initiated this move as pressure is
increasing on them because the delay in the arrest of MLA is
stretching the stir of district officials due to which the
functioning of government offices have been paralyzed.
Meena said police were trying their best to nab the
accused persons and added, "A team of district police is also
camping in Lucknow to get clue about them."
On the other hand, the district administration is tight
lipped after it failed to take any action against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family