Stosur pulls out of Cincinnati with arm injury
San Diego: World number five Samantha Stosur has pulled out of next week’s WTA tournament in Cincinnati with an arm injury that has bothered her since her first match at the Stanford Classic last week.
It led to a hospital visit after her quarter-final loss to Italy’s Flavia Pennetta at the San Diego Open on Friday. A doctor advised her to rest her arm.
“It’s like a really strong, heavy ache when it starts and I can’t get rid of it until I get off the court,” the Australian, told reporters in San Diego. “I can’t work out what’s going on.”
World number four Venus Williams pulled out of Cincinnati on Friday with a knee injury. Number two Jelena Jankovic of Serbia is the top seed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'