Stosur pulls out of Cincinnati with arm injury
San Diego: World number five Samantha Stosur has pulled out of next week’s WTA tournament in Cincinnati with an arm injury that has bothered her since her first match at the Stanford Classic last week.
It led to a hospital visit after her quarter-final loss to Italy’s Flavia Pennetta at the San Diego Open on Friday. A doctor advised her to rest her arm.
“It’s like a really strong, heavy ache when it starts and I can’t get rid of it until I get off the court,” the Australian, told reporters in San Diego. “I can’t work out what’s going on.”
World number four Venus Williams pulled out of Cincinnati on Friday with a knee injury. Number two Jelena Jankovic of Serbia is the top seed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- PM Modi congratulates Mamata on her second innings as West Bengal CM
- Scientists discover new way to kill cancer cells
- Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's 'Sarbjit' mints Rs 22.09 cr at Box Office!
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar vs Narsingh Yadav – No final decision yet, Delhi HC defers hearing to May 30
- Beacon from Egypt crash detected, search narrows