Stosur pulls out of Cincinnati with arm injury
San Diego: World number five Samantha Stosur has pulled out of next week’s WTA tournament in Cincinnati with an arm injury that has bothered her since her first match at the Stanford Classic last week.
It led to a hospital visit after her quarter-final loss to Italy’s Flavia Pennetta at the San Diego Open on Friday. A doctor advised her to rest her arm.
“It’s like a really strong, heavy ache when it starts and I can’t get rid of it until I get off the court,” the Australian, told reporters in San Diego. “I can’t work out what’s going on.”
World number four Venus Williams pulled out of Cincinnati on Friday with a knee injury. Number two Jelena Jankovic of Serbia is the top seed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested