Stosur pulls out of Cincinnati with arm injury
San Diego: World number five Samantha Stosur has pulled out of next week’s WTA tournament in Cincinnati with an arm injury that has bothered her since her first match at the Stanford Classic last week.
It led to a hospital visit after her quarter-final loss to Italy’s Flavia Pennetta at the San Diego Open on Friday. A doctor advised her to rest her arm.
“It’s like a really strong, heavy ache when it starts and I can’t get rid of it until I get off the court,” the Australian, told reporters in San Diego. “I can’t work out what’s going on.”
World number four Venus Williams pulled out of Cincinnati on Friday with a knee injury. Number two Jelena Jankovic of Serbia is the top seed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok