Stosur pulls out of Cincinnati with arm injury
San Diego: World number five Samantha Stosur has pulled out of next week’s WTA tournament in Cincinnati with an arm injury that has bothered her since her first match at the Stanford Classic last week.
It led to a hospital visit after her quarter-final loss to Italy’s Flavia Pennetta at the San Diego Open on Friday. A doctor advised her to rest her arm.
“It’s like a really strong, heavy ache when it starts and I can’t get rid of it until I get off the court,” the Australian, told reporters in San Diego. “I can’t work out what’s going on.”
World number four Venus Williams pulled out of Cincinnati on Friday with a knee injury. Number two Jelena Jankovic of Serbia is the top seed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites