Striker Santa Cruz goes back to Blackburn on loan
London: Blackburn Rovers bolstered their attacking options on Friday by signing their former striker Roque Santa Cruz on loan from Manchester City until the end of the season.
The 29-year-old Paraguay international returned to Ewood Park after joining Premier League rivals City in a 17.5 million pound deal in 2009.
"Everyone knows what Roque is capable of here and his arrival has already created a real buzz around the place," manager Steve Kean said on the club website (www.rovers.co.uk).
"We are really looking forward to giving him a platform on which to show his ability."
Santa Cruz scored 29 goals in two seasons at Blackburn, who were taken over by Indian poultry business Venky`s last November, but struggled to establish himself at high-flying Manchester City.
"I feel like I am coming home," Santa Cruz said. "This has been the easiest decision of my career.
"I want to get playing and scoring goals again and this is a real chance for me to prove myself after a frustrating period.”
"Everyone knows what Blackburn Rovers means to me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened