Students and enthusiasts celebrates National Sports Day
Berhampur: Hundreds of school and college students, inmates of sports hostel and sports lovers here joined in observing the National Sports Day on Sunday on the birth anniversary of legendary hockey star Dhyan Chand.
They went around the town separately to create awareness among the school children about sports.
Holding photographs of the hockey player, they took out rally from the Khallikote College stadium which was flagged off by Pradeep Kumar Panigrahi, an MLA from Gopalpur.
Ganjam District Amateur Boxing Association organised a cycle rally on the occasion while inmates of the sports hostel conducted separate rallies shouting slogans.
"Like previous years, we observed the National Sports Day at the Khallikote college stadium to pay tribute to Dhyan Chand," said Kabiraj Goud, secretary of the boxing association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble