Stung Anil sees rivals` hand in audit report leak
New Delhi: Hit hard by allegations that RCom
inflated revenues and evaded licence fees, its chief Anil
Ambani on Thursday questioned the integrity of special auditors and
said that rivals were behind the "vicious campaign" to hammer
down share prices of his group companies.
He announced that he would approach the authorities,
including market regulator Sebi, cyber crime police and
accounting regulator ICAI against those involved in the
campaign that is aimed to creating panic and loss of
confidence among the group`s 1.1 crore shareholders.
Ambani made a public statement within days of what he
called leakage of a report by a government-appointed auditor
that alleged overstatement of revenues by about Rs 3,000 crore
and evasion of over Rs 300 crore in licence fee by RCom.
He said he would take up with the Telecom Ministry and
others the issues raised in the special audit report, adding
that if "there are any legitimate dues found payable towards
licence fee, RCom shall naturally make payment of the same."
He alleged that "the special auditors, apparently at the
instance of our corporate rivals, have far exceeded their
terms of reference and recorded unwarranted and completely
incorrect findings on matters beyond the scope of their audit,
thereby again demonstrating their bias and prejudice."
RCom shares have fallen eight per cent in the last three
days and 28 per cent in October to close at Rs 229.20 today.
He regretted that "over the past few days, a vicious and
malafide campaign of falsehoods" has been conducted against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency