Subir Gokarn to take over as RBI Deputy Governor
Mumbai: Subir Gokarn, former chief economist
of rating agency Standard and Poor`s, will take over as the
Reserve Bank of India`s Deputy Governor tomorrow.
"Gokarn will be taking over as Deputy Governor tomorrow,"
a RBI spokesperson told PTI here.
Gokarn has been appointed as RBI Deputy Governor in place
of Rakesh Mohan, who quit a few months ago.
Other Deputy Governors of the RBI are Usha Thorat, K C
Chakrabarty and Shyamala Gopinath.
Prior to joining S&P in August 2007, Gokarn was chief
economist with S&P`s Indian arm, Crisil.
He has also worked as an economist with think-tank
National Council of Applied Economic Research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!