Subir Gokarn to take over as RBI Deputy Governor
Mumbai: Subir Gokarn, former chief economist
of rating agency Standard and Poor`s, will take over as the
Reserve Bank of India`s Deputy Governor tomorrow.
"Gokarn will be taking over as Deputy Governor tomorrow,"
a RBI spokesperson told PTI here.
Gokarn has been appointed as RBI Deputy Governor in place
of Rakesh Mohan, who quit a few months ago.
Other Deputy Governors of the RBI are Usha Thorat, K C
Chakrabarty and Shyamala Gopinath.
Prior to joining S&P in August 2007, Gokarn was chief
economist with S&P`s Indian arm, Crisil.
He has also worked as an economist with think-tank
National Council of Applied Economic Research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials