Subir Gokarn to take over as RBI Deputy Governor
Mumbai: Subir Gokarn, former chief economist
of rating agency Standard and Poor`s, will take over as the
Reserve Bank of India`s Deputy Governor tomorrow.
"Gokarn will be taking over as Deputy Governor tomorrow,"
a RBI spokesperson told PTI here.
Gokarn has been appointed as RBI Deputy Governor in place
of Rakesh Mohan, who quit a few months ago.
Other Deputy Governors of the RBI are Usha Thorat, K C
Chakrabarty and Shyamala Gopinath.
Prior to joining S&P in August 2007, Gokarn was chief
economist with S&P`s Indian arm, Crisil.
He has also worked as an economist with think-tank
National Council of Applied Economic Research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!