Subir Gokarn to take over as RBI Deputy Governor
Mumbai: Subir Gokarn, former chief economist
of rating agency Standard and Poor`s, will take over as the
Reserve Bank of India`s Deputy Governor tomorrow.
"Gokarn will be taking over as Deputy Governor tomorrow,"
a RBI spokesperson told PTI here.
Gokarn has been appointed as RBI Deputy Governor in place
of Rakesh Mohan, who quit a few months ago.
Other Deputy Governors of the RBI are Usha Thorat, K C
Chakrabarty and Shyamala Gopinath.
Prior to joining S&P in August 2007, Gokarn was chief
economist with S&P`s Indian arm, Crisil.
He has also worked as an economist with think-tank
National Council of Applied Economic Research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan