Sun Pharma settles dispute with MedImmune for cancer drug
Mumbai: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries on Monday
said it has settled its dispute with US-based pharma firm
MedImmune for marketing a generic version of latter`s Ethyol,
a drug used in the treatment of head and neck cancer.
The company, along with its subsidiaries, has "executed a
settlement agreement with MedImmune, stipulating the dismissal
of the lawsuits" filed in the US District Court of Maryland
regarding generic version of Ethyol, drug maker Sun Pharma
said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Under the settlement agreement, MedImmune would grant a
licence to Sun Pharma for certain patents, permitting the
India-headquartered company to continue marketing the generic
version of Ethyol in the US, it further said.
"The settlement resolves the entirety of the litigation
between the parties," Sun Pharma said. The terms of settlement
Ethyol is a prescription drug given through injection
prior to each postoperative radiation treatment session for
head and neck cancer. It is used to lower the rate of moderate
to severe xerostomia (dry mouth).
Shares of Sun Pharma were trading at Rs 1,164.20, down
0.66 percent in afternoon trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly