Sunanda Pushkar offers to surrender IPL stake
New Delhi: In the midst of controversy involving her and Union Minister Shashi Tharoor over Kochi IPL, Sunanda Pushkar has offered to surrender her equity of Rs 70 crore in the franchise.
She has offered to give up her `sweat equity` of nearly 19 per cent in the IPL Kochi franchise, a source close to the developments said.
However, no comments could be obtained from Sunanda on her offer.
The move comes at a time when Tharoor is facing a tough time with opposition demanding his sacking from the government and the Congress party, which has already ordered a probe to look into his role in the entire controversy, contemplating future course of action.
The source said that Sunanda was not directly in touch with the IPL officials regarding the offer.
The offer is being made through Rendezvous Sports World.
The new Rendezvous Chairman Harshad Mehta is in touch with the IPL officials regarding the matter.
Interestingly, senior Union Minister Sharad Pawar, IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi and I S Bindra are in Dubai currently to attend an ICC meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured