Sunanda Pushkar offers to surrender IPL stake
New Delhi: In the midst of controversy involving her and Union Minister Shashi Tharoor over Kochi IPL, Sunanda Pushkar has offered to surrender her equity of Rs 70 crore in the franchise.
She has offered to give up her `sweat equity` of nearly 19 per cent in the IPL Kochi franchise, a source close to the developments said.
However, no comments could be obtained from Sunanda on her offer.
The move comes at a time when Tharoor is facing a tough time with opposition demanding his sacking from the government and the Congress party, which has already ordered a probe to look into his role in the entire controversy, contemplating future course of action.
The source said that Sunanda was not directly in touch with the IPL officials regarding the offer.
The offer is being made through Rendezvous Sports World.
The new Rendezvous Chairman Harshad Mehta is in touch with the IPL officials regarding the matter.
Interestingly, senior Union Minister Sharad Pawar, IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi and I S Bindra are in Dubai currently to attend an ICC meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people