Sunanda Pushkar offers to surrender IPL stake
New Delhi: In the midst of controversy involving her and Union Minister Shashi Tharoor over Kochi IPL, Sunanda Pushkar has offered to surrender her equity of Rs 70 crore in the franchise.
She has offered to give up her `sweat equity` of nearly 19 per cent in the IPL Kochi franchise, a source close to the developments said.
However, no comments could be obtained from Sunanda on her offer.
The move comes at a time when Tharoor is facing a tough time with opposition demanding his sacking from the government and the Congress party, which has already ordered a probe to look into his role in the entire controversy, contemplating future course of action.
The source said that Sunanda was not directly in touch with the IPL officials regarding the offer.
The offer is being made through Rendezvous Sports World.
The new Rendezvous Chairman Harshad Mehta is in touch with the IPL officials regarding the matter.
Interestingly, senior Union Minister Sharad Pawar, IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi and I S Bindra are in Dubai currently to attend an ICC meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed