Sunday happiest day, Wednesday the worst: Study
London: Mathematicians have worked on 2.4 million blogs and found that Sunday is the happiest day while the rest of the week is a mixed bag offering a choice of good and bad.
Yes, a new study by University of Vermont has revealed that Sunday is everyone`s favourite day while Wednesday is the worst day of the week -- though a good day to seek a pay rise. But, what about the rest of the week?
Well, according to the study, Mondays are a good day to invest in the stock market but a bad day for staying alive as shares on this day tend to move in a similar direction as Friday making it easier to predict price changes.
A fifth more deaths happen on a Monday and it is the most common day to die of a heart attack.
But, what`s shocking is that the mathematicians have found that Tuesdays are a bad day for sex though a good day to update blog pages. The most hits on blog pages are recorded on Tuesdays, `The Daily Telegraph` reported.
But, if you are aspiring for a pay hike, approach the boss on a Wednesday -- it`s a good day to ask for a rise but a very bad day for driving, the study found.
Thursdays are good to give up smoking but bad for rain as one`s willpower is strong for the first few days which helps you get through the weekend. And, Fridays are good to
sack someone, but bad for earthquakes.
In fact, half of the world`s worst quakes in history struck on a Friday, including one that killed 30,000 people in Gujarat in 2001 and 2003`s in Iran which claimed 40,000 lives.
Saturdays are a good day to have a baby but a bad day for drinking. Babies born on Saturdays have a better than average chance of becoming Prime Minister. Of 20 British PMs elected since 1900, six were born on a Saturday including Harold Wilson, Stanley Baldwin and Anthony Eden.
And, Sundays are a good day to communicate but bad for cooking, your wife may know it better.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter