Sunkara loses in Junior Girls` Singles of Aus Open
Melbourne: India`s Rishika Sunkara became a first round casualty in the Junior Girls` Singles category of
the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament, going down in
straight-sets to Japanese Emi Mutaguchi here on Sunday.
The 17-year-old Indian lost 7-5, 6-4 to Mutaguchi in an
one hour and 38 minutes hard-fought battle here.
Mutaguchi had a better first and second serve winning
percentage than Sunkara. The Japanese also converted 90 per
cent of the breakpoints that came her way in comparision to
the 58 per cent conversion rate of the Indian.
In the mixed doubles category, India`s Rohan Bopanna and
Zi Yan of China also failed to cross the first hurdle and was
defeated 7-6(6), 6-1 by third seeds Maria Kirilenko of Russia
and Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia in a gruelling battle.
Ten seeds Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-Ul-Haq
Qureshi will take on eighth seeds Michael Llodra of France and
Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia in the third round match of the men`s
doubles category tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife