Sunkara loses in Junior Girls` Singles of Aus Open
Melbourne: India`s Rishika Sunkara became a first round casualty in the Junior Girls` Singles category of
the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament, going down in
straight-sets to Japanese Emi Mutaguchi here on Sunday.
The 17-year-old Indian lost 7-5, 6-4 to Mutaguchi in an
one hour and 38 minutes hard-fought battle here.
Mutaguchi had a better first and second serve winning
percentage than Sunkara. The Japanese also converted 90 per
cent of the breakpoints that came her way in comparision to
the 58 per cent conversion rate of the Indian.
In the mixed doubles category, India`s Rohan Bopanna and
Zi Yan of China also failed to cross the first hurdle and was
defeated 7-6(6), 6-1 by third seeds Maria Kirilenko of Russia
and Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia in a gruelling battle.
Ten seeds Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-Ul-Haq
Qureshi will take on eighth seeds Michael Llodra of France and
Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia in the third round match of the men`s
doubles category tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack