Supporters of parties lock horns during live show
Bulandshahr: Supporters of various political
parties locked horns here during a live television show on
the future chief minister, prompting police to resort to
"Live telecast of a private television show was going on
in Raja Babu Park here last evening where supporters of
various political parties were busy trading charges," said SSP
R K S Rathore.
Then targeting a Bahujan Samaj Party candidate, a
Samajwadi Party candidate said, "those who should be behind
the bars are contesting elections and that all of them would
be in jail, if SP comes to power," he added.
Meanwhile, the candidate of Kalyan Singh`s Jan Kranti
Party and that of the BJP indulged in an altercation and in
the meantime supporters of all political party started
wrangling, fighting and abusing each other, prompting the
police to resort to lathicharge and interrupt the programme.
Later when the programme was restarted, members of BSP,
SP and Rashtriya Kranti Party again clashed and attacked each
Also, irked by the sloganeering of Vande Mataram by BJP
candidates, the supporters of BSP, SP and Congress also
started shouting slogans thereby making the atmosphere more
As the tension heightened, organisers of the programme
wrapped up the show before time, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India