Surinder Kaur to lead India in Asian Women`s Champions Trophy
New Delhi: Veteran forward Surinder Kaur
will lead an 18-member Indian squad which will take part in
the inaugural Asian Women`s Champions Trophy at Busan, South
Korea from July 27-31.
The squad, to be coached by MK Kaushik, was selected
after a trial in Bhopal, a Hockey India release said.
The top four teams from the Asia Cup held at Bangkok last
November will compete in the tournament to be held under the
aegis of the Asian Hockey Federation.
India won the silver medal in that tournament. The other
teams at the Asian Champions Trophy are China, Japan and hosts
Goalkeepers: E Rajani, Dipika Murty
Defenders: Binita Toppo, Subhadra Pradhan, Joydeep Kaur
Midfielders: Ritu Rani, Mukta Prava Barla, Monika,
Kirandeep Kaur, Deepika
Forwards: Surinder Kaur (Capt), Saba Anjum, Rani, Jasjeet
Kaur Handa, Chanchan Devi, Poonam Rani, Asunta Lakra,
Madhu Yadav (Manager); MK Kaushik (National Coach).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal