Sushil Kumar appointed as coach of MP Martial Arts Academy
Bhopal: World wrestling champion Sushil Kumar has been appointed as the technical adviser and coach of the Madhya Pradesh Martial Arts Academy.
The bronze medallist of the Beijing Olympics took over his new assignment yesterday evening at a function at the Martial Art hall in T T Nagar stadium.
Speaking on the occasion, Sushil said that Bhopal had proved to be lucky for him as he had won the World Championship after attending the State Sports award function here.
The grappler said he had deep attachment for Madhya Pradesh and assured that he will do his best to promote and groom wrestlers in Madhya Pradesh.
He also gave valuable trips to trainees at the stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump