Sushil Kumar returns home to a hero`s welcome
New Delhi: Grappler Sushil Kumar came home to a hero`s welcome as he set foot at the New Delhi airport late Monday night. He was greeted and cheered by hundreds of fans and supporters after his feat at the World Wrestling Championship in Moscow.
The bronze medalist Olympian from Delhi`s Baprola village made history by becoming the first Indian to win a World wrestling championship gold medal when he overpowered Alan Gogaev to win the 66kg freestyle title.
"I have reached this stage because of my coach Satpal. My prime focus is now the Commonwealth Games and I am confident of doing well there," he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details