Sushil Kumar returns home to a hero`s welcome
New Delhi: Grappler Sushil Kumar came home to a hero`s welcome as he set foot at the New Delhi airport late Monday night. He was greeted and cheered by hundreds of fans and supporters after his feat at the World Wrestling Championship in Moscow.
The bronze medalist Olympian from Delhi`s Baprola village made history by becoming the first Indian to win a World wrestling championship gold medal when he overpowered Alan Gogaev to win the 66kg freestyle title.
"I have reached this stage because of my coach Satpal. My prime focus is now the Commonwealth Games and I am confident of doing well there," he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY