Sushil Kumar returns home to a hero`s welcome
New Delhi: Grappler Sushil Kumar came home to a hero`s welcome as he set foot at the New Delhi airport late Monday night. He was greeted and cheered by hundreds of fans and supporters after his feat at the World Wrestling Championship in Moscow.
The bronze medalist Olympian from Delhi`s Baprola village made history by becoming the first Indian to win a World wrestling championship gold medal when he overpowered Alan Gogaev to win the 66kg freestyle title.
"I have reached this stage because of my coach Satpal. My prime focus is now the Commonwealth Games and I am confident of doing well there," he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs