Sushil Kumar returns home to a hero`s welcome
New Delhi: Grappler Sushil Kumar came home to a hero`s welcome as he set foot at the New Delhi airport late Monday night. He was greeted and cheered by hundreds of fans and supporters after his feat at the World Wrestling Championship in Moscow.
The bronze medalist Olympian from Delhi`s Baprola village made history by becoming the first Indian to win a World wrestling championship gold medal when he overpowered Alan Gogaev to win the 66kg freestyle title.
"I have reached this stage because of my coach Satpal. My prime focus is now the Commonwealth Games and I am confident of doing well there," he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal