Sushil to lead Indian challenge at C`wealth Wrestling tourney
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist Sushil Kumar will lead the Indian challenge at the 2009 Commonwealth Wrestling championship scheduled to be held in Jalandhar from December 17 to 20.
Wrestlers from several countries including Australia, Iran, England, Bangladesh, Canada, Germany, Japan, Korea, Nigeria and Pakistan apart from host India would participate in the event at the PAP Indoor Stadium.
The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) today in a release announced the names of the wrestlers in the Free Style, Greco Roman Style and Female category respectively.
World Championship bronze-winner Ramesh Kumar has opted out of the tournament citing an injury problem.
Meanwhile, an advance course for wrestling coaches in Free Style, Greco Roman Style and Female category is being organised at the SAI sportscentre in Sonepat by the International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles [FILA].
The five days crash would see participation of 50 coaches from all over India and is organised by the Wrestling Federation of India and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports in a joint venture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video