Suspected LeT militant held in J-K; arms seized
Srinagar: A suspected LeT militant was
arrested when he along with his two accomplices barged into a
bank manager`s house to extort money at gun-point in Baramulla
district, a police spokesman said on Monday.
Based on specific inputs, police last night swooped down
on the house of Punjab National Bank Manager Mohammad Syed
Ontoo in Tarzoo village of Sopore, 55 kms from here, and
arrested Ghulam Nabi Lone when he was demanding Rs one lakh
from him at gun-point.
60 rounds of ammunition, two magazines and a Ak 47 rifle
were recovered from his possession, he said, adding two of his
accomplices - Abdul Samad Naikoo and Ashiq Hussain Mir -
managed to escape.
Lone was a suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba militant and the
recovered arms and ammunition was believed to be of the four
CRPF jawans killed by militants at Janwara in Sopore on
December 30, the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed