Suspected LeT militant held in J-K; arms seized
Srinagar: A suspected LeT militant was
arrested when he along with his two accomplices barged into a
bank manager`s house to extort money at gun-point in Baramulla
district, a police spokesman said on Monday.
Based on specific inputs, police last night swooped down
on the house of Punjab National Bank Manager Mohammad Syed
Ontoo in Tarzoo village of Sopore, 55 kms from here, and
arrested Ghulam Nabi Lone when he was demanding Rs one lakh
from him at gun-point.
60 rounds of ammunition, two magazines and a Ak 47 rifle
were recovered from his possession, he said, adding two of his
accomplices - Abdul Samad Naikoo and Ashiq Hussain Mir -
managed to escape.
Lone was a suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba militant and the
recovered arms and ammunition was believed to be of the four
CRPF jawans killed by militants at Janwara in Sopore on
December 30, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...