Suspected LeT operative`s batchmates to be quizzed
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Police have started
a verification drive to check the credentials of the former
batchmates of suspected LeT terrorist, who was arrested
recently in Delhi, and will interrogate some of them.
After it was revealed that suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba
(LeT) terrorist Aslam alias Salim, who was arrested by Delhi
Police on August 25, has done his post graduation from Arabic
Department of Lucknow University in 2003-05, a team of the
Anti Terror Squad visited the varsity campus and found out the
records of his former batchmates.
"The ATS has taken details of around 27 students, who
studied in Lucknow University with Aslam," officials said
"All the 27 ex-students, whose details were collected
by the ATS, hailed from Jammu and Kashmir," they said, adding
"the sleuths will now visit their native places and verify
However, a senior official said "its too early to say
that the former batchmates could reveal some important
information about Aslam"
They added that out of the 27 students, the emphasis
will be on the two ex-students who were from Aslam`s native
place and completed their post graduation with him from the
Arabic Department, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days