Suspected LeT operative`s batchmates to be quizzed
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Police have started
a verification drive to check the credentials of the former
batchmates of suspected LeT terrorist, who was arrested
recently in Delhi, and will interrogate some of them.
After it was revealed that suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba
(LeT) terrorist Aslam alias Salim, who was arrested by Delhi
Police on August 25, has done his post graduation from Arabic
Department of Lucknow University in 2003-05, a team of the
Anti Terror Squad visited the varsity campus and found out the
records of his former batchmates.
"The ATS has taken details of around 27 students, who
studied in Lucknow University with Aslam," officials said
"All the 27 ex-students, whose details were collected
by the ATS, hailed from Jammu and Kashmir," they said, adding
"the sleuths will now visit their native places and verify
However, a senior official said "its too early to say
that the former batchmates could reveal some important
information about Aslam"
They added that out of the 27 students, the emphasis
will be on the two ex-students who were from Aslam`s native
place and completed their post graduation with him from the
Arabic Department, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- IBPS clerk V mains exams results to be uploaded on official website soon; notification out
- 'Walking Up With Kolkata' – This video will make you fall in love with the City of Joy