Suspected Maoists kill two Orissa cops
Bhubaneswar: Suspected Maoists killed two
police personnel in Orissa`s Keonjhar district this evening,
the police said.
Bodies of assistant sub-inspector of police Muralidhar
Bastia and home guard Hadibandhu Mahanta were found with their
throats slit on Daitari-Paradip Express Highway, they said.
The bodies laid in a pool of blood near the border of
Jajpur district and at a place about 10 km from Brahmanipal
police outpost in Keonjhar district where they were posted.
"We suspect this as a handiwork of Maoist ultras," a
senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'