Sutil faces legal charges after China incident
Force India driver Adrian Sutil was warned for physical assault after a nightclub incident.
London: Force India driver Adrian Sutil was warned he faced legal charges for physical assault after a nightclub incident at last month`s Chinese Formula One Grand Prix.
Sutil issued a statement last week apologising for the incident, without giving any details about what happened after the race.
However a lawyer for Eric Luz, Luxembourg-based chief executive of Renault F1 team owners Genii Capital, said in a statement on Monday that legal action would be taken.
"In the view of the recent events which occurred in Shanghai on 17 April, Mr Eric Lux has decided to file a criminal complaint against ... Adrian Sutil for physical assault and grievous bodily harm," it said.
"As soon as the complaint is registered, the (governing International Automobile Federation) FIA and the team Force India will be notified," it added.
The legal statement, from attorney Marc Henzelin at the Swiss-based Lalive law firm, said Lux did not exclude action against other unnamed individuals.
There was no immediate comment from Force India.
Sutil said in his statement to German media last Wednesday that there had been "an action on my part that injured another person inadvertently" at a private event.
"I regret this incident and I have already apologised," the German added.
Force India and a Renault team spokeswoman confirmed at the time that the other person involved was Lux but said it was a private matter and gave no further information.