Sutil to start 15th, Di Resta 18th in Belgian GP
Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium): Force India`s chance of scoring some points from Sunday`s Belgian Grand Prix look bleak as Adrian Sutil will start the race from 15th position while his team-mate Paul di Resta from the 18th spot on the grid.
Di Resta could not even enter the Q2 as his best effort in Q1 was 2:07.758 from eight laps. The Scott could have taken a better position but his car spun near the end of the session after being bumped by Heikki Kovalainen of Lotus.
Sutil managed to enter Q2 with a lap timing of 2:06.000s but because of a minor accident his performance dipped and all he could manage in the second stage was 2:07.777, good only for 15th place.
At the exit of Eau Rouge in Q2, Sutil ran a bit wide and then crashed into the barrier which damaged the front and left side of his car.
Defending champion Sebastain Vettel of Red Bull took the pole position by clocking the fastest lap of 1m 48.298s and was followed by Mclaren`s Lewis Hamilton (1m 48.730s).
Red Bull`s Mark Webber was third with a timing of 1m 49.376s.
Neither Narain Karthikeyan nor Karun Chandhok were fielded by Hispania and Lotus respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj