Suzlon second quarter loss at Rs 356-crore
Mumbai: Wind turbine supplier Suzlon Energy
has posted a Rs 356-crore loss in the quarter ended September
30 compared to Rs 22.84 crore posted in the same period last
year, owing to lower volumes.
"We are starting to see a recovery across global markets
with finance returning...as the global economy picks up, our
priority is to ensure that we are well-positioned to win and
capitalise on new opportunities around the world," Suzlon
Energy Chairman and Managing Director Tulsi Tanti said.
Its total consolidated revenues, during the period,
declined to Rs 4,793-crore compared to Rs 6,921-crore, a
year-ago, the company said in a press release here today.
Suzlon`s order-book stood at 1,488 MW with 1,365 MW in
international orders and 123 MW in domestic orders as on
October 30, 2009, the company said.
Suzlon`s consolidated revenues for the first-half of FY
2009-10 stood at Rs 8,946-cr, while losses in the first-half
stood at Rs 808-cr.
The company expects to achieve 1,900 MW to 2,100 MW by
the end of the current fiscal, it said.
During the quarter, Suzlon completed and commissioned a
19.5 MW wind farm project for the Gujarat Mineral Development
Corporation (GMDC) in Rajkot, Gujarat.
The project comprises 13 units of Suzlon`s SS82-1.5 MW
wind turbines and was commissioned in record time, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users