Suzlon second quarter loss at Rs 356-crore
Mumbai: Wind turbine supplier Suzlon Energy
has posted a Rs 356-crore loss in the quarter ended September
30 compared to Rs 22.84 crore posted in the same period last
year, owing to lower volumes.
"We are starting to see a recovery across global markets
with finance returning...as the global economy picks up, our
priority is to ensure that we are well-positioned to win and
capitalise on new opportunities around the world," Suzlon
Energy Chairman and Managing Director Tulsi Tanti said.
Its total consolidated revenues, during the period,
declined to Rs 4,793-crore compared to Rs 6,921-crore, a
year-ago, the company said in a press release here today.
Suzlon`s order-book stood at 1,488 MW with 1,365 MW in
international orders and 123 MW in domestic orders as on
October 30, 2009, the company said.
Suzlon`s consolidated revenues for the first-half of FY
2009-10 stood at Rs 8,946-cr, while losses in the first-half
stood at Rs 808-cr.
The company expects to achieve 1,900 MW to 2,100 MW by
the end of the current fiscal, it said.
During the quarter, Suzlon completed and commissioned a
19.5 MW wind farm project for the Gujarat Mineral Development
Corporation (GMDC) in Rajkot, Gujarat.
The project comprises 13 units of Suzlon`s SS82-1.5 MW
wind turbines and was commissioned in record time, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal