Suzlon second quarter loss at Rs 356-crore
Mumbai: Wind turbine supplier Suzlon Energy
has posted a Rs 356-crore loss in the quarter ended September
30 compared to Rs 22.84 crore posted in the same period last
year, owing to lower volumes.
"We are starting to see a recovery across global markets
with finance returning...as the global economy picks up, our
priority is to ensure that we are well-positioned to win and
capitalise on new opportunities around the world," Suzlon
Energy Chairman and Managing Director Tulsi Tanti said.
Its total consolidated revenues, during the period,
declined to Rs 4,793-crore compared to Rs 6,921-crore, a
year-ago, the company said in a press release here today.
Suzlon`s order-book stood at 1,488 MW with 1,365 MW in
international orders and 123 MW in domestic orders as on
October 30, 2009, the company said.
Suzlon`s consolidated revenues for the first-half of FY
2009-10 stood at Rs 8,946-cr, while losses in the first-half
stood at Rs 808-cr.
The company expects to achieve 1,900 MW to 2,100 MW by
the end of the current fiscal, it said.
During the quarter, Suzlon completed and commissioned a
19.5 MW wind farm project for the Gujarat Mineral Development
Corporation (GMDC) in Rajkot, Gujarat.
The project comprises 13 units of Suzlon`s SS82-1.5 MW
wind turbines and was commissioned in record time, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference