Suzlon unit REpower gets 954 MW wind turbines order
Mumbai: Suzlon Energy unit REpower Friday said it has bagged an order to supply up to 954 MW wind turbines for five projects in Canada.
REpower Systems AG has signed a contract with EDF Energies Nouvelles and RES Canada which comprises of delivery of turbines with a capacity of 748 MW, with an option to supply an additional 206 MW capacity, Suzlon Energy said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
"This is a historic order, one of the largest in the North American market. It underlines the REpower value proposition not just as the world leader in the offshore with technology, but onshore as well," Suzlon Energy Chairman, MD and Chairman of Supervisory Board of REpower Systems Tulsi Tanti said.
The contract guarantees a minimum purchase capacity of 748 MW for deliveries between 2011 and 2015, the filing added.
Suzlon Energy holds 91 per cent stake in Germany-based REpower.
"This is a giant leap forward for REpower towards our establishment in Canada, and bolsters our intentions of further growth in the whole of North America -- Canada and the
US," REpower Systems AG CEO Per Hornung Pedersen said.
France-based EDF Energies Nouvelles, is a major player in wind power and renewable energy market and Renewable Energy Systems Canada (RES) is renewable energy company.
Shares of Suzlon were trading at Rs 68.60 on the BSE, down 1.58 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi