Swansea beat Reading to seal promotion to Premier League
London: Swansea City became the first Welsh club to reach England`s top flight since 1983 when they beat Reading 4-2 in an enthralling promotion playoff final at Wembley.
Scott Sinclair`s hat-trick, including two penalties, and a Stephen Dobbie goal earned Swansea victory in a game worth an estimated 90 million pounds (USD 148.3 million) in increased revenue.
Swansea, who finished third in the Championship behind promoted Queens Park Rangers and Norwich City, led 3-0 at halftime but Reading roared back with a Joe Allen own goal and a Matt Mills header.
However, Sinclair struck his second penalty with 10 minutes remaining to ease the nerves of 40,000 Swansea fans inside the stadium and return the club to the top echelon for the first time since they were relegated in 1983.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside