Swine flu claims one more life in Puducherry
Puducherry: One more patient succumbed to swine flu at the Government JIPMER hospital here taking the death toll due to H1N1 virus to two in the Union Territory.
A 32-year-old male patient from Kattali in neighbouring Tamil Nadu, who was admitted to the hospital in a very critical condition few days ago, died of the infection on Thursday, hospital sources said.
The patient was first treated at a private hospital in Tindivanam and later shifted to JIPMER. Swab test confirmed that he contracted swine flu, the sources said.
This was the second fatality of swine flu in the Union Territory after a 52 year old woman from Kancheepuram district died of the dreaded flu during the last week of September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal