Swine flu claims second victim in TN
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Friday reported its second swine flu fatality with a 47-year-old man falling victim to the virus at a government hospital here.
The man was admitted with symptoms of swine flu on August 13 and advised to take Tamiflu tablets but he left without informing after giving his throat samples for test, General Hospital Dean Mohana Sundaram told reporters.
He had tested positive when the swab test results came, after which the hospital authorities immediately alerted the public health department about the patient`s details, Sundaram said.
Concerned officials swung into action and found that the patient, whose name was not revealed, had got himself admitted to a private hospital in Adayar. The patient did not inform the doctors that he was administered Tamilflu, he said.
Officials alerted the private hospital authorities that he had tested positive for the H1N1 virus. His condition had deteriorated by then and he was immediately shifted to General
Hospital, where he succumbed to the flu late last night, Sundaram said.
He said the patient had also contracted pneumonia.
Tamil Nadu had reported its first swine flu fatality on August 10, when a four-and-a-half year old boy died of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...