Swine flu death: Negligence on part of hospital, says Maha CM
Mumbai: Terming the death of a swine flu
infected girl in Pune as "unfortunate", Maharashtra Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan has said negligence on part of the
private hospital which treated the 14-year-old was to blame
"This incident is really unfortunate. I feel there was
total negligence on part of those who admitted her to the
hospital and negligence on part of the hospital," the Chief
Minister, who discussed the issue with senior health officials here Monday night, said.
Health authorities would also inquire the reasons as to
why proper treatment was not being given to the patient, he
The victim, Reeda Shaikh, died at Pune`s Jehangir
Hospital yesterday, becoming India`s first swine flu fatality.
The girl was admitted to the private hospital a week ago
with symptoms of the disease.
Chavan also appealed people to co-operate with the health
officials and not fall prey to any rumours.
He directed officials to take all possible steps to
effectively deal with the swine flu cases that has crossed the
100 mark in Maharashtra, most of them being from Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair