Taiwan to decide on chip, LCD China investments soon
Taipei: Taiwan will soon decide whether to allow semiconductor and LCD panel makers to build advanced facilities in China, the island`s premier said on Friday, just weeks after South Korea allowed its firms to do so.
"If Taiwanese companies can maintain their technological advantage and market share by investing in China, we will allow them to do so and there should be a decision on it soon," said Taiwan`s Premier Wu Den-yih.
Taiwanese chip foundries such as TSMC and LCD panel makers such as AU Optronics are currently forbidden from building advanced facilities in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone