Taiwan to decide on chip, LCD China investments soon
Taipei: Taiwan will soon decide whether to allow semiconductor and LCD panel makers to build advanced facilities in China, the island`s premier said on Friday, just weeks after South Korea allowed its firms to do so.
"If Taiwanese companies can maintain their technological advantage and market share by investing in China, we will allow them to do so and there should be a decision on it soon," said Taiwan`s Premier Wu Den-yih.
Taiwanese chip foundries such as TSMC and LCD panel makers such as AU Optronics are currently forbidden from building advanced facilities in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test