Tamil Nadu government suspends Anna University VC
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday
suspended Anna University (Coimbatore) Vice Chancellor Dr R
Radhakrishnan following allegations of corruption against him.
The state Advocate General PS Raman informed the Madras
High Court about the government`s move.
While hearing the allegations of corruption against the
vice-chancellor, the court had sought the government view on
the matter and asked whether an FIR had been filed.
Recording the submission made by Raman, a division bench,
comprising Chief Justice HL Gokhale and justice D Murugesan,
disposed of a petition filed by advocate S Sivapandi charging
the Vice Chancellor with allegedly violating provisions of the
University Act and accumulating wealth disproportionate to his
known sources of income, among other things.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16