Tamil Nadu government suspends Anna University VC
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday
suspended Anna University (Coimbatore) Vice Chancellor Dr R
Radhakrishnan following allegations of corruption against him.
The state Advocate General PS Raman informed the Madras
High Court about the government`s move.
While hearing the allegations of corruption against the
vice-chancellor, the court had sought the government view on
the matter and asked whether an FIR had been filed.
Recording the submission made by Raman, a division bench,
comprising Chief Justice HL Gokhale and justice D Murugesan,
disposed of a petition filed by advocate S Sivapandi charging
the Vice Chancellor with allegedly violating provisions of the
University Act and accumulating wealth disproportionate to his
known sources of income, among other things.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest