Taslimuddin an `opportunist`, says RJD
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Friday dubbed
as "politics of opportunism" the resignation of Taslimuddin
from his party and said the former Union minister would join
ruling JD(U) in Bihar.
"It is a clear example of politics of opportunism,"
Prasad said when his comment was sought on Taslimuddin`s
He predicted that the former Union minister would join
Brushing aside Taslimuddin`s accusations against the
party chief (Lalu Prasad), RJD Spokesman Shakeel Ahmed said
Prasad had always worked for the uplift of minorities.
He charged Taslimuddin with "trying to defame RJD which
made him minister in state and Central cabinet."
"In fact, there are some leaders who does politics only
for the lust of power and Taslimuddin is one among them," he
Taslimuddin, who unsuccessfully contested the last Lok
Sabha elections on an RJD ticket from Kishanganj in Bihar,
accused Prasad of "cheating minorities all through for the
sake of votes."
Referring to the infamous Bhagalpur riots which claimed
more than 1,000 lives, Taslimuddin alleged that when he was
Chief Minister, Prasad had "instead of ensuring justice to the
victims, glorified its prime accused Kameshwar Yadav-like
"The minorities are not not getting respect and honour
in the party they deserve for favouring the RJD," he said and
alleged that arrogance reflected in every action of Prasad.
When contacted, Taslimuddin confirmed that he had
resigned from the RJD and party post.
He, however, kept the cards of joining ruling JD(U) or
any other party close to his chest. "I will decide my future
political strategy in a day or two," Taslimuddin, who was
minister in the erstwhile UPA government, told agency.
Taslimuddin has not not been maintaining good terms with
Prasad ever since he lost the elections from Kishanganj.
Several senior RJD leaders, including close confidant of
Prasad and former Bihar minister Shyam Rajak, former MLA Ramai
Ram, soon after the last Lok Sabha polls, switched over to the
ruling JD(U) protesting against alleged "autocratic style of
functioning of the party leadership".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!