Tata Group working on an Innovation Forum
Chennai: Tata Group Innovation Forum (TGIF),a
group formed within Tata Group of companies, on Monday said that
its members, who are the senior members of few group
companies, meets regularly to review progress on creating an
innovation environment for Tata companies, which would enhance
Interacting with reporters today on the topic -`Innovation
and innovativeness - The Tata Experience`, TGIF chief R
Gopalakrishnan said TGIF`s efforts were to work on four broad
areas such as learning and dissemination innovation,
encouraging innovations and measuring innovation,besides
He said several workshops were conducted to introduce new
concepts on innovation. Tata Management Training Centre (TMTC)
has been pursuing the goal of creating a platform that could
stimulate innovation in Tata Group through research and
"TGIF wanted to have a `simple and easy to use tool` to
measure the innovativeness of a team, which could be a
company, a business unit or a department of an organisation",
On collaborative innovation, Gopalakrishnan said it was
also decided that opportunities for technological innovations
should be explored by initiating few cluster specific
discussions among the relevant Tata companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal