Tata Motors delivers 2,475 Nanos in 15 days
New Delhi: Tata Motors has delivered 2,475 units of its small car Nano, billed as the world`s cheapest
four-wheels, within 15 days of its commercial roll-out.
Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata had handed over the first
Nano on July 17 to Ashok Raghunath Vichare, a resident of
The vehicle carries an ex-factory price of Rs one lakh
for the base variant and costs anything up to Rs 1,75,000
depending on the model.
Last month, the company`s total sales jumped 18 per cent
to 48,054 units. Its passenger vehicles sales in the domestic
market grew by 17.33 per cent at 17,191 units.
Tata has recently said in its Annual Report that the
company would deliver up to 60,000 Nanos by July next year,
while over the first one lakh cars by 2010 once its mother
plant in Sanand goes on stream.
Conceived in 2003, the Nano project has cost over Rs
2,000 crore to the company. Tata Motors launched the car on
March 23 this year.
After originally planning to roll out the `small wonder`
from Singur, Tata Motors had to shift the project to Gujarat
after 95 per cent of the construction work at the West Bengal
site was completed on account of violent protests by Trinamool
Congress last year.
The new plant in Sanand is likely to be ready by the end
of this financial year. It would have an initial production
capacity of 2.5 lakh units per annum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Militants attack American university in Kabul
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI: All-round Lankans thrash clueless Aussies; level series 1-1
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!
- When IIT directors chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai slogans during IIT council meet — Know what happened
- Last season `the best of my career`: Cristiano Ronaldo