Tata Motors expands JLR dealerships to 3 more centres
Mumbai: Tata Motors on Monday said it has
expanded the dealership network of its iconic brands -- Jaguar
and Land Rover to New Delhi, Hyderabad and Ludhiana as the
first phase of expansion.
Tata Motors Premier Car Division has issued letter of
intents to three dealers -- AMP Motors (New Delhi), Inline 4
Motors (Hyderabad) and Dada Motors (Ludhiana), a press release
Presently, Tata Motors has a dealership centre for JLR
only in Mumbai. The company opened its first JLR showroom at
Worli, Mumbai in June last year.
AMP Motors will represent the two iconic brands in New
Delhi while Inline 4 Motors has been appointed as the
franchise partner in Hyderabad.
Dada Motors, an existing Tata Motors dealer, has been
appointed as the Jaguar and Land Rover dealer in Ludhiana, the
company said in the release.
"We are confident that they (the dealers) will enable us
to tap the full competitive potential in those markets. We
have further plans to expand into other major metros and the
process of identification of suitable partners in other cities
will continue through the new year of 2010," Tata Motors
Passenger Car Business Unit President, Rajiv Dube, said.
The newly appointed dealers are in the process of setting
up their sales and after sales service infrastructure and are
expected to be fully operational by the second quarter of
2010, the release said.
Tata Motors currently distributes the Jaguar XF, Jaguar
XFR & XKR to which the new Jaguar flagship XJ will soon be
added as well as Land Rover`s new 2010 model year range - the
Free Lander 2, Discovery 4, Range Rover Sport and the flagship
Range Rover - in India, the company said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!