Tata Motors expands JLR dealerships to 3 more centres
Mumbai: Tata Motors on Monday said it has
expanded the dealership network of its iconic brands -- Jaguar
and Land Rover to New Delhi, Hyderabad and Ludhiana as the
first phase of expansion.
Tata Motors Premier Car Division has issued letter of
intents to three dealers -- AMP Motors (New Delhi), Inline 4
Motors (Hyderabad) and Dada Motors (Ludhiana), a press release
Presently, Tata Motors has a dealership centre for JLR
only in Mumbai. The company opened its first JLR showroom at
Worli, Mumbai in June last year.
AMP Motors will represent the two iconic brands in New
Delhi while Inline 4 Motors has been appointed as the
franchise partner in Hyderabad.
Dada Motors, an existing Tata Motors dealer, has been
appointed as the Jaguar and Land Rover dealer in Ludhiana, the
company said in the release.
"We are confident that they (the dealers) will enable us
to tap the full competitive potential in those markets. We
have further plans to expand into other major metros and the
process of identification of suitable partners in other cities
will continue through the new year of 2010," Tata Motors
Passenger Car Business Unit President, Rajiv Dube, said.
The newly appointed dealers are in the process of setting
up their sales and after sales service infrastructure and are
expected to be fully operational by the second quarter of
2010, the release said.
Tata Motors currently distributes the Jaguar XF, Jaguar
XFR & XKR to which the new Jaguar flagship XJ will soon be
added as well as Land Rover`s new 2010 model year range - the
Free Lander 2, Discovery 4, Range Rover Sport and the flagship
Range Rover - in India, the company said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org