Tata Motors expands JLR dealerships to 3 more centres
Mumbai: Tata Motors on Monday said it has
expanded the dealership network of its iconic brands -- Jaguar
and Land Rover to New Delhi, Hyderabad and Ludhiana as the
first phase of expansion.
Tata Motors Premier Car Division has issued letter of
intents to three dealers -- AMP Motors (New Delhi), Inline 4
Motors (Hyderabad) and Dada Motors (Ludhiana), a press release
Presently, Tata Motors has a dealership centre for JLR
only in Mumbai. The company opened its first JLR showroom at
Worli, Mumbai in June last year.
AMP Motors will represent the two iconic brands in New
Delhi while Inline 4 Motors has been appointed as the
franchise partner in Hyderabad.
Dada Motors, an existing Tata Motors dealer, has been
appointed as the Jaguar and Land Rover dealer in Ludhiana, the
company said in the release.
"We are confident that they (the dealers) will enable us
to tap the full competitive potential in those markets. We
have further plans to expand into other major metros and the
process of identification of suitable partners in other cities
will continue through the new year of 2010," Tata Motors
Passenger Car Business Unit President, Rajiv Dube, said.
The newly appointed dealers are in the process of setting
up their sales and after sales service infrastructure and are
expected to be fully operational by the second quarter of
2010, the release said.
Tata Motors currently distributes the Jaguar XF, Jaguar
XFR & XKR to which the new Jaguar flagship XJ will soon be
added as well as Land Rover`s new 2010 model year range - the
Free Lander 2, Discovery 4, Range Rover Sport and the flagship
Range Rover - in India, the company said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...