Tata Motors’ global December sales up 84 percent
New Delhi: The country`s largest automobile manufacturer, Tata Motors, Friday reported an 84 percent jump in its global sales at 74,707 units for December 2008, compared to the corresponding month in 2008.
The company also posted 137 per cent surge in the sale of its commercial vehicles at 37,326 units in December 2009, it said in a statement.
During the month under review, it sold 16,247 units of passenger vehicles, up by 53 per cent, against the same month previous year, it added.
Sale of its iconic brands Jaguar and Land Rover jumped up by 33 per cent in the last month of 2009.
During the month, it sold 4,794 units of Jaguar up by five percent, while Land Rover sales stood at 16,340 units an increase of 45 per cent, compared to December 2008.
Tata Motors Group`s global sales comprises of Tata, Tata Daewoo and Hispano Carrocera range of commercial vehicles, and British brands such as Jaguar and Land Rover.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know