Tata Motors’ global December sales up 84 percent
New Delhi: The country`s largest automobile manufacturer, Tata Motors, Friday reported an 84 percent jump in its global sales at 74,707 units for December 2008, compared to the corresponding month in 2008.
The company also posted 137 per cent surge in the sale of its commercial vehicles at 37,326 units in December 2009, it said in a statement.
During the month under review, it sold 16,247 units of passenger vehicles, up by 53 per cent, against the same month previous year, it added.
Sale of its iconic brands Jaguar and Land Rover jumped up by 33 per cent in the last month of 2009.
During the month, it sold 4,794 units of Jaguar up by five percent, while Land Rover sales stood at 16,340 units an increase of 45 per cent, compared to December 2008.
Tata Motors Group`s global sales comprises of Tata, Tata Daewoo and Hispano Carrocera range of commercial vehicles, and British brands such as Jaguar and Land Rover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!