Tata Motors’ global December sales up 84 percent
New Delhi: The country`s largest automobile manufacturer, Tata Motors, Friday reported an 84 percent jump in its global sales at 74,707 units for December 2008, compared to the corresponding month in 2008.
The company also posted 137 per cent surge in the sale of its commercial vehicles at 37,326 units in December 2009, it said in a statement.
During the month under review, it sold 16,247 units of passenger vehicles, up by 53 per cent, against the same month previous year, it added.
Sale of its iconic brands Jaguar and Land Rover jumped up by 33 per cent in the last month of 2009.
During the month, it sold 4,794 units of Jaguar up by five percent, while Land Rover sales stood at 16,340 units an increase of 45 per cent, compared to December 2008.
Tata Motors Group`s global sales comprises of Tata, Tata Daewoo and Hispano Carrocera range of commercial vehicles, and British brands such as Jaguar and Land Rover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state